|Singapore Kindergarten Directory||Search||Add Entry|
A Montessori & Music
Singapore 589633 Singapore
About A Montessori & Music
Started by US and UK qualified specialist, BrightNotes supports families in the intellectual and musical development of their children.
Services & Features
English Language and Math Enrichment classes in preparation for Singapore Primary School. Suzuki Music lessons for young children.
At Bright Notes, all aspects of a child’s development are important. Our goal has been to develop each child’s capabilities including a positive self concept and independence to maximize his or her potential, encourage creative thinking and to promote cognitive and gross motor skills. Providing hands-on experiences in each developmental area helps children to achieve these emerging skills.
Parents play an important role in the program since they are the first and best teacher of their child. The parents, working together with the teacher, create a reinforcing and superior educational experience, both at home and at school. This experience builds a strong foundation for future learning.
Most significantly, we believe that natural talent and ability can be fostered through training and nurturing the spontaneous growth process. The school equips each child with the basic skills needed to develop academic excellence, a sense of independence and a strong emotional self-image, believing that these traits will lead to success in future experiences.
Montessori Enrichment classes
Suzuki Piano classes
1) Talent Enrichment Program
A cornerstone of the Suzuki and Montessori approach is that each child progresses at his or her own pace.
• Individual instruction: each child is individually assessed, and realistic goals are established for skill advancement.
• Development Skill Building: a step-by-step procedure for taking each child to higher levels of intellectual and musical competency.
• Continual Evaluation to ensure that program goals are being met. Each child's progress is carefully monitored and results are reviewed with parents regularly
2) Montessori English / Math Enrichment
• Tailored to your child’s developmental needs, multi-sensorial
• Mixed age group approach; Small group - Maximum of 3 children
• Spacious, Safe and clean environment
These are graded hands-on exercises; beginning sounds, 3-letter word building , blends, diagraphs and phonograms, sight words, basic grammar(K2) and graded story books together with work books. Higher ability children may explore writing, and be introduced to composition writing.
(This Phonics Enrichment is tailored towards ensuring your child is competent in reading by Primary One)
Numericals 1 - 10, Decimal systems, Linear Counting (11 - 99), Bead chains (up to 1000), Addition and Subtraction, Multiplication and Division together with work books.
(This Math Enrichment is tailored towards ensuring your child is competent in number bonds, Decimal systems and simple Multiplication and Division by Primary One)
3) Suzuki Instrument instruction, techniques, scales, etudes, melody pieces.
• Private Individual with a practice parent in class esp. Suzuki Method.
• Graded lessons towards The Associated Board of the Royal School of Music (ABRSM)
• By appointments; 30 minutes.
Bright Notes Mission:
to develop in children a lifelong love of learning
in partnership with parents and specialist.
|Date added: 2010-07-13 12:56:51 Hits: 3148|